Monday, April 30, 2012

Learning Russian, an Internet user's guide

I'm starting Russian today. I studied it for two years at university 10 years ago, but could never get to conversational level and I've never been to Russia unfortunately.

I learnt the alphabet and the pronunciation, I have good basics, so it's probably the language I could make most progress on in a short time. I don't have an immediate usage, so there's a little risk on the motivation, but I've always liked the sound of Russian and its writing, so I'll take the chance.

My first challenge will be to grow vocabulary, especially verbs, and cases and then take speaking lessons.
I wonder if Google Translate and tons of online newspaper and tutorials online can help me go faster than 10 years ago. Let's find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment