Monday, April 30, 2012

Free Resources Online to learn and listen to Russian

So, now that I have an alphabet and a Russian keyboard, I went and searched for "learn Russia online" which yielded a good few results.

In the ocean of online websites, I was looking for the best quality resources, either free or very low priced. And I also looked for online newspapers so I can practice reading. I even looked for online televisions just to get familiar with the sound (and speed) of standard Russian.


Online Translator

Lessons
  • Busuu.com : I actually started with this one. It's fermium, meaning you get extra services if you pay but you can still use the service for free. I ran their language test and found my level to be B1 on the European Framework for Languages, that means I haven't forgotten the basics, not bad at all. 
  • Learn Russian RT.com : free, has video and sound, well designed, very promising...
  • Language Metropolis : not open yet, a $59/year fee, will check it out when it's open.

Newspapers

Televisions & Radio
Free Internet replays, no subscription required. Wikipedia has a list of others televisions in Russia which can be accessed via cable or with subscriptions.


Typing tutor






No comments:

Post a Comment